vases of peonies (from the backyard) all in a row
blueberry jam + butter
have a good week everyone.
this has been the craziest month ever. apart from the piano lessons, the french lessons and get-togethers, i have been able to cross off some of my items from my bucket list which i wrote in january.
* write more letters to john - needs more work!
* sleep earlier, as in, be asleep by 11 pm - i don't think this will ever happen
* drink more water
* make a quilt
* take less taxi cabs
* spend less, save more - BAH. but i have started saving! yay me. it's just the spending.
* practice piano an hour each day * go to france in may 2009. this is an absolute must. (anyone want to join me?) YEAH BABY!
* cook something off of Nigella's/Jaime's/Ina's cookbooks
* make something from the zakka book - i will be taking the japanese dress class at the workroom...it kinda counts...harhar.
* sew a top or dress that is not obviously homemade
* order something different from the menu
* go clubbing. just once. - or more than once. hehe.
* read wuthering heights.
* finish reading the books i have started reading ages ago: 1984, life is illuminated, the alchemist, le petit prince
* write in my journal in a real parisien cafe a la sabrina (julia ormond) HECK YES. hardeeharhar. * drink coffee in a real parisien cafe - DOUBLE STRIKETHROUGH. haha. * smile and laugh more - especially at myself :)
* go to church more than once a week - this needs more work
* learn japanese/german
* go to germany and japan
* learn how to play yiruma's "river flows in you" * make a speech in front of people without feeling so nervous - well i was nervous, but i spoke in front of 150 people for 15 minutes!
* take a public speaking course - i will do this in the fall!
* explore Canada more
* thanksgiving (US) in new york and watch macy's thanksgiving parade - hopefully this november!
* new year's eve in times square
a few things i would like to add:
* perform at a piano recital
* do more public speaking
* go to austria (the land of marie antoinette!)
* learn how to swim
* pay off my credit card
and that is all for now...i like how i am able to check off things from my list. they're very simple. but it makes you feel good.
ALSO, i would also like to say that i have been given this cute little award by melissa, who has the sweetest blog ever.
thank you, melissa! you're so sweet!
now here are the rules:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered: (some are a mixture of my favorite reads) anabela (siiigghh), antoinette (amazing sewing skills), celine (i am in love with everything in her flickr page!), casey, dozi, leslie, jen gotch, karyn (will always be in my list of awardees. harhar), casey, danni, sharilyn, rashida, ayumi, jen, keiko
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
have a great day everyone!